Your USI is a reference number made up of numbers and letters. This number creates a secure online record of all your nationally recognised training records and results from 2015. It is an individual education number for life and can be easily accessed at any time online from a computer, tablet, or smart phone.
Why do I need a USI?
It is a government requirement that all students studying in Australia must have a USI. Lexis Training is a recognised training provider, so all our students need to have their own USI if they are enrolling in nationally recognised training for the first time, continuing with or completing nationally recognised training.
What are the benefits of a USI?
- Students will have a complete record of their Australian VET achievements from a single and secure online source.
- You will be able to confirm your qualifications to employers when seeking for a job.
- Training organisations will assess the student’s prerequisites quickly.
How do I create a USI?
- How to get a USI: https://www.usi.gov.au/students/get-a-usi
- If you already have a USI and would like to retrieve it: https://www.usi.gov.au/students/find-your-usi
- Please make sure you have one form of ID from the list below ready:
- Driver’s Licence
- Medicare Card
- Australian Passport
- Non-Australian Passport (with Australian Visa) for international students
- Birth Certificate (Australian) *please note a Birth Certificate extract is not sufficient
- Certificate of Registration by Descent
- Citizenship Certificate
How does your recently completed qualification add to your USI?
Your qualification will not appear immediately upon completion. Your USI transcriptions information is depended on the timing of RTO reporting.